Join an Online Education Session from your Smartphone, Tablet, or Desktop/Laptop
Join Google Meet from your Smartphone or Tablet
When accessing Google Meet with a Google Account, you have the option to use your iPhone, iPad, Android Device (built-in)
From an iPhone/iPad (if you do not have Hangouts Meet installed):
- Tap the meeting link sent to you via text or email.
- Follow the onscreen prompts to join the video meeting.
- If you do not have Hangouts Meet already installed on your device, you will be prompted to download the app. Your phone or tablet will automatically find the app and install it for you. Click Get to install
- Once installed, click Open then Continue to get to Google Meet
- You will need to click OK on the following two windows to allow Meet to access your device’s microphone and camera
- After allowing access to your microphone and camera, you will need to sign in to Meet. Your device will automatically bring up the email address(es) associated with the accounts on your phone or tablet*
- From there you will be brought into the video meeting. Make sure your camera is facing you (not turned away from you) so that we can see you during your session.
*If you do not have a Google account on your device, get instructions here
Join Google Meet from your Laptop (or Desktop with Webcam)
- Make sure you have Google Chrome insalled if using a laptop or computer. If you do not have it installed, download Google Chrome
- From your email, click on the Join Hangouts Meet link that was sent to you.
- Click Allow on the box at the top of your screen to allow Google Meets to use your camera and microphone. Click Dismiss on the window in the middle of your screen.
- Type in your name and then click Ask to Join.
Create a Google Account using another Email
If you do not have a Google Account, follow the instructions below.
- Go to https://accounts.google.com/signup
- From the setup page, click Use my current email address instead
- Enter your information for your Google Account: first name, last name, and the email address you would like to use
- Create your password
- Click Next
- From the Verify your email address screen, Google will send an email to the address you entered in order to verify the account.
- Leave this screen open so you can come back and enter the verification code
- In a separate window, go to your email account that you entered in the Google Account setup
- Open the email from Google; your verification code will be at the bottom of the email
- Enter that verification code in the Verify your email address window
- Click Verify
Email sent from Google with verification code
- On the Google welcome screen enter your mobile phone number, date of birth, and gender
- Click Next
- Click Send on the Verify your phone number screen
- Google will send a text message with a verification code to the number you entered on the previous screen.
- On the Get more from your number screen, click Skip
- Click I agree on the Privacy and Terms page