Careers at ClearChoice
Join the ClearChoice Jacksonville Team
Traveling Dental Lab Technician | Jacksonville
Traveling Dental Lab
Traveling Dental Laboratory Technician
DEPARTMENT: National Dental Laboratory
REPORTS TO: Director, Technical Support
STATUS: Hourly, Non-Exempt
You will be traveling 100% of the time, home on the weekends. Travel will be designated to the South East States, with occasional travel to other geographical areas depending on the needs of the business.
We are dedicated to developing our network technicians to achieve their highest desired potential. We bring an elevated level of support and guidance to encourage the development of our network and to be an active part of providing superb laboratory service to our clinicians and the Platform of Hope.
Summary of Position:
ClearChoice dental laboratory technicians work onsite at the dental Centers to fill laboratory prescriptions from the prosthodontists. They use advanced technical skills to construct sophisticated implant-based dental prosthetics to exacting standards for fit and esthetics and use critical thinking to develop and share complex solutions with the dentist and auxiliary staff. The Traveling Lab Technician will work under the supervision of the Center Laboratory Manager or may be called to be a Lead Technician in the Center. While work methods follow established procedures and practices, candidates are expected to consult with their doctors and team using a high degree of judgment on a patient-by-patient basis.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Understand and reinforce Infection Control, PPE, HIPAA, and OSHA Safety Compliance Standards.
- Maintenance of all laboratory facilities, equipment and instruments
- Maintain only the highest degree of professionalism and communicate clearly both verbally and in writing
- Support a positive culture with fellow technicians and clinical staff through respectful and appropriate working relationships.
- Proficient with all manufacturing and fitting of all aspects of full-arch dental prosthetics including accurate manufacturing and articulation of implant models, setting of denture teeth, denture processing and all related components and processes.
- Working knowledge of fundamental occlusal principles, schemes and classifications as they apply to the fabrication of various dental prostheses.
- Use of dental laboratory materials such as impression materials, plasters, stones, waxes, metals, acrylics, composites and similar materials.
- Verify work orders and accompanying materials including impressions, bite records, models and components.
- The ability to ensure the accurate and on time manufacture of prosthetics to a patient-driven schedule.
- Denture and All-On-Four type restoration repairs
- Monitoring of all laboratory related supplies and ordering through paper and/or computer-based purchase order systems.
- Teaching and mentoring other technicians and auxiliary staff
- Operate computers and standard office type applications such as web browsers, word processing and spreadsheet software applications as well as dental laboratory specific applications. ● Competency or a strong desire to learn digital processes is a must ● Be comfortable assuming the lead role when the Manager is absent.
- Other responsibilities as assigned
Education and Experience:
- A minimum of seven years of hands-on technical experience is required. Certification (CDT) or the completion of an accredited dental laboratory program is preferred but not mandatory.
- Qualified candidates should have experience and be proficient in full arch hybrid restorations, complete dentures, overdentures and implant based restorative techniques and have strong knowledge of dental science and anatomy and esthetics.
- Must be able to work in a team environment
- Commitment to providing world-class products and high-quality work
- Effective communicator
- Ability to excel in a customer-driven culture
- Able to lift 50 pounds
ClearChoice operates two-to-three-person dental laboratories within each of its dental offices. As such, technicians perform their duties in both the dental laboratory and dental office environments.
- Standard Monday-Thursday workweek. May involve Travel on Sunday and/or Friday should the need arise.
- Technicians are expected to be onsite at all times Monday through Thursday. Days and hours may vary.
- Must live/ be willing to live in the Region being hired for – travel is 100% of the time
Hour base compensation $36 – $40 an hour DOE.
In addition to your base compensation, depending on position, you may be eligible for a quarterly or annual bonus (potential bonuses are merit based). Medical Insurance Coverage, Dental Insurance Coverage, Vision Insurance Coverage, Retirement Plan (401K) options are provided as an additional benefit of employment with ClearChoice.
Apply for this Position
Fill out the form below. *Indicates required field.