Careers at ClearChoice
Join the ClearChoice Columbia Team
Prosthodontic Exam Performer | Columbia
Prosthodontic Exam Performer (PEP)
ClearChoice Dental Implant Centers are a national network of dental implant centers founded in 2005 to provide innovative dental implant care to patients across the United States. ClearChoice has experienced strong growth over the years and today is a leader in the United States in providing dental implant treatments. Driven by a collective desire to improve the lives of prospective patients, ClearChoice helps people reclaim their health, smile and confidence. Beyond restoring teeth, this is about people getting their lives back. This mission-focused work has enabled the ClearChoice network to achieve four straight years of double-digit growth, yet we’ve only reached a small portion of the population who could benefit from ClearChoice services. ClearChoice Management Services, LLC (CCMS) provides administrative practice management services to the ClearChoice network.
We are searching for individuals who can help us continue pursuing our goal of reaching prospective patients and helping to transform their lives. When you join ClearChoice, you are joining a team of individuals with passion, conviction, and integrity whose mission is to be the Platform of Hope for those in need of our services. Come help us write the next chapter of our story!
The prosthodontic exam performer works (PEP) under a dentist’s supervision to perform prosthodontic exams to be used for implant treatment planning. Additionally, the PEP works closely with the Patient Education Consultants to ensure that world-class patient care is delivered. Some other responsibilities may include sophisticated functions such as removing sutures, processing x-rays and taking the oral impressions that are used to fit crowns. Previous hygienist experience is desired.
- Support and assist PEC’s in patient treatment acceptance
- Work collaboratively with all doctors and clinical staff to ensure patient adherence to treatment plan, including all appropriate medical clearances, interventions, and treatment goals including self-management goals.
- Perform a variety of patient care, office, and laboratory duties, including but not limited to providing chair-side assistance while dentists examine and treat patients
- Prepare materials for impressions and restorations, take dental x rays, and process x-ray film as directed by a dentist.
- Support and assist the dental and surgical assistants as needed, including but not limited to cleaning trays, room setups and cleanups.
- Ensure patients are as comfortable as possible in the dental chair, prepare them for treatment, and obtain their dental records.
- Review Prosth Evaluation paperwork, consents, and medical history with the patient.
- Complete needs assessment of high risk patients.
- Manage medical clearances and/or follow up on patients who may have delayed treatment
- Review, coordinate, and collaborate with front office, Prosthodontist, and Oral Surgeon about patients health, needs, lab script, and treatment plan finalization
- Review and clarify medication with patients, along with clarifying medication intake with patient’s medical doctors and any other health history concerns
- Communicate appropriately to patients and families regarding treatment
- Participate, as needed, in the marketing efforts for your Center to increase patient lead generation
- Obtain dental records including, not limited to: impressions, x-rays, intra and extra oral pictures, Bite registration and face bow as instructed by the Dentist
- Obtain medical records and health registration (conditions, medications, allergies, etc.)
- Educate patients on treatment plans, phases, consent forms, pre op and post op instructions.
- Correspond with other Doctors and physicians to obtain patient medical clearances as needed.
- Assist with other patient appointments as instructed by Dentist
- Other duties as assigned.
- Dental assistants work in a well-lighted, clean environment.
- Work area is usually near the dental chair to allow for arranging instruments, materials, and medication and handing them to the dentist when needed.
- Dental assistants must wear gloves, masks, eyewear, and protective clothing to protect themselves and their patients from infectious diseases.
- Follow safety procedures to minimize the risks associated with the use of x-ray machines.
- Dental hygiene experience
- Dental implant experience, desired
- Must be reliable, work well with others in a fast paced environment, and have good manual dexterity.
- Must have current certification in cardiopulmonary resuscitation
- Regularly required to work in an office environment at both his/her own and others’ desks/offices
- Required daily to walk the floor, sometimes for extended periods and be able to help wherever needed
- Able to regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds
- Able to stand for extended periods of time
- Able to keep hand and arm steady while moving arm or while holding arm and hand in one position
- Able to make precisely coordinated movements of the fingers of one or both hands to grasp, manipulate or assemble very small objects
- Able to quickly and repeatedly adjust the controls of a machine to exact positions
- Able to bend, stretch, twist and/or reach with your body, arms and/or legs
- Must possess good multi-limb coordination – i.e. the ability to coordinate two or more limbs while sitting or standing
- Must possess good trunk strength – i.e. the ability to use abdominal or lower back muscles to support part of the body continuously or repeatedly over time without “giving out” or fatiguing
- Able to shift back and forth between two or more activities or sources of information
- Good manual dexterity required to enable safe, skillful use of instruments while working in the mouth
Compensation and Benefits:
The anticipated range for this position is $25 – $28 hourly plus discretionary performance-based bonus. Actual pay may vary based on experience, performance, and qualifications
In addition to your base compensation, depending on position, you may be eligible for a quarterly or annual bonus (potential bonuses are merit based). Medical Insurance Coverage, Dental Insurance Coverage, Vision Insurance Coverage, Retirement Plan (401K) options are provided as an additional benefit of employment with ClearChoice.
Apply for this Position
Fill out the form below. *Indicates required field.