Careers at ClearChoice
Join the ClearChoice Denver Team
Dental Technical Support Manager – West | Denver
Technical Support Manager
DEPARTMENT: National Dental Laboratory
REPORTS TO: Director, Technical Support
STATUS: Salary, Exempt
We are dedicated to developing our network technicians to achieve their highest desired potential. We bring an elevated level of support and guidance to encourage the development of our network and to be an active part of providing superb laboratory service to our clinicians and the Platform of Hope.
In this position, you will use your strong expertise in dental technology to develop and implement best practices in our dental laboratories. You will teach and coach the next generation of professional dental technicians. You will serve as an expert consultant to the Center GM, Doctor and Lab Manager to make changes to technical processes, lab organization, and equipment needs to optimize operational efficiencies and maximize the patient experience.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Advise and teach new dental technicians Infection Control, PPE, HIPAA, and OSHA Safety Compliance Standards. This requires a deep understanding and expertise in these areas.
- Teach and coach new dental technicians about the manufacturing and fitting of all aspects of full-arch dental prosthetics including accurate manufacturing and articulation of implant models, setting of denture teeth, denture processing and all related components and processes.
- Teach and coach new dental technicians the fundamentals of dental technology, various occlusal schemes, and dental classifications, and specific ClearChoice technical processes.
- Teach technicians laboratory processes that coincide with ClearChoice Best Practices while explaining the ‘why” behind the process.
- Manage preventative maintenance programs of all laboratory facilities, equipment, and instruments
- Serve as an expert consultant to the Center GM, Doctor, and Lab Manager/ Lead Technician to quickly analyze the opportunities of the lab and recommend and implement process improvements to ensure an optimal patient experience
- Establish and maintain relationships with vendors and internal business partners necessary for the overall function of our business
- Develop and deliver training in Hope RX, DWF, and leadership training programs
- Develop the technical and leadership excellence of the dental technicians in your centers by coaching and guiding construction, implementation, and follow through of individual development plans (IDP).
- Support a positive culture with dental technicians and clinical staff by role modeling respectful and appropriate working relationships.
- Occasionally provide in-center production support if all other traveling lab resources are unavailable or when emergency situations arise requiring additional laboratory production support.
- Be a positive role model and proponent of CCMS Key Initiatives and provide feedback to improve the user experience
- Manage a team of Traveling Lab Technicians and fill the needs of the centers requesting support through a digital request format and ensure the team stays on budget.
Education and Experience:
- Strong willingness to recommend, develop and learn new processes and procedures is critical to the success of your role
- A business degree is preferred, but not required
- CDT in Implants or Complete Dentures must be completed within 1 year of start date
- A minimum of ten years of hands-on technical experience with at least 3 years serving in a technical supervision or management capacity within a direct-reporting structure.
- Qualified candidates should have experience and be proficient in full-arch hybrid restorations, complete dentures, overdentures and implant based restorative techniques and have strong knowledge of dental science and anatomy and esthetics.
- Knowledge of OSHA requirements within a lab environment
- Proficient in G-Suite and Microsoft Office
- Basic accounting/budgeting skills, ability to read and complete monthly expense tracking and reporting
- Maintain only the highest degree of professionalism and communicate clearly in both written and verbal forms of communication.
- Operate computers and standard office applications such as web browsers, word processors and Spreadsheet software applications as well as dental laboratory specific applications
- Strong interpersonal skills, demonstrated through positive relationships and interactions with doctors, general managers, clinical and non-clinical staff, and dental lab managers and technicians.
- Must reside within the US, and be within 30 minutes of a major airport
- Standard Monday-Thursday workweek. May involve Travel on Sunday and/or Friday should the need arise.
- Regularly required to work in an office environment at both his/her own and others’ desks/offices
- Required daily to walk the floor and be available to help wherever needed
- Must be able to regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds
- Quickly identify safety placards and hazardous situations to avoid or minimize injuries and property damage
- Use small tools and equipment which require good manual dexterity
Compensation and Benefits:
$85,000- $95,000 base compensation
In addition to your base compensation, you will be eligible to receive a bonus (bonuses are merit based). Medical Insurance Coverage, Dental Insurance Coverage, Vision Insurance Coverage, Retirement Plan (401K) options are provided as an additional benefit of employment with ClearChoice.
Apply for this Position
Fill out the form below. *Indicates required field.