Careers at ClearChoice
Join the ClearChoice Columbia Team
DENTAL ASSISTANT – PROSTHODONTIST — Columbia
The prosthodontist dental assistant works under a dentist’s supervision to prepare equipment that will be used in dentistry procedures, to ready patients for these procedures, and to help the dentist during these procedures by passing instruments, holding the suction catheter in place, and generally anticipating the dentist’s needs. Some Other responsibilities may include sophisticated functions such as removing sutures, processing x-rays and taking the oral impressions that are used to fit crowns.
- Work under the direct supervision of the Prosthodontist
- Perform a variety of patient care, office, and laboratory duties, including but not limited to providing chair-side assistance while dentists examine and treat patients.
- Ensure patients are as comfortable as possible in the dental chair, prepare them for treatment, and obtain their dental records.
- Hand instruments and materials to dentists and keep patients’ mouths dry and clear by using suction or other devices.
- Sterilize and disinfect instruments and equipment, prepare trays of instruments for dental procedures, and instruct patients on postoperative and general oral health care.
- Prepare materials for impressions and restorations, take dental x rays, and process x-ray film as directed by a dentist.
- Handle other radiological equipment and assist patients with these procedures as directed by a dentist
- Assist in specialty areas such as oral surgery, periodontics (treatment of gum disease) and prosthodontics (replacement of missing teeth) including dental implantology
- Support and assist the hygienist as needed, including but not limited to cleaning trays, room setups and cleanups.
- Support the radiographic needs of the Patient Education Consultants, Oral Surgeon, & Hygienists.
- Dental Assistant experience , desired
- Must be reliable, work well with others in a fast paced environment, and have good manual dexterity.
- Must have current certification in cardiopulmonary resuscitation
- Must have current certification in dental radiology
Apply for this Position
Fill out the form below. *Indicates required field.