Dental Laboratory Assistant Manager
Here at ClearChoice Central Laboratory, we commit to produce high-quality prosthetic restorations to be used in the treatment of partially and full edentulous patients at one of our network dental practices. We support the Platform of Hope by providing best-in-class customer service and life-changing dental restorations ontime and on budget.
ClearChoice Central Laboratory dental technicians work at a state-of-the-art laboratory located in Centennial, CO. They use advanced technical skills to construct sophisticated implant-based dental prosthetics to exacting standards for fit, function and esthetics. They use critical thinking to develop and share ideas that can be used to support our growing network of dental practices. While work methods follow established best practices, candidates are expected to follow the direction of their manager and team using a high degree of judgment on a case-by-case basis.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for all work being released by the Analog Department within Central Lab
- Head a team of lead technicians to maintain the high-quality standards set by the Senior Lab Manager and CCMS best practices.
- Give detailed direction to ensure products meet the standards of the Quality Systems, Senior Lab Manager, and CCMS.
- Understand the production schedule and make necessary adjustments to ensure our mission of supporting the network is being met.
- Be comfortable assuming the lead role when the Senior Manager is absent.
- Facilitate the development plan constructed by the Senior Manager for your team members and assist in their professional development
- Teach and mentor other technicians and auxiliary staff
- Model preparation and articulation
- Processing of acrylic resins using injection techniques
- Finishing and polishing of acrylic prostheses
- Working knowledge of fundamental occlusal principles, schemes and classifications
- Proficient with manufacturing and fitting of all aspects of full-arch dental prosthetics including accurate manufacturing and articulation of implant models, setting of denture teeth, denture processing and all related components and processes.
- Working knowledge of fundamental occlusal principles, schemes and classifications as they apply to the fabrication of various dental prostheses.
- Denture and hybrid type restoration/repairs
- Troubleshoot, repair, and restore fractured or broken prosthesis
- Use of dental laboratory materials such as impression materials, plasters, stones, waxes, metals, acrylics, composites and similar materials.
- Use and maintenance of laboratory equipment such as hand tools, dental lathes, model grinders, handpieces, presses, flasks, steamers, light curing units, pressures pots, etc.
- Maintain a clean, organized working environment on a daily basis
- Verify work orders and accompanying materials including impressions, bite records, models and components.
- Understand and reinforce Infection Control, PPE, HIPAA, and OSHA Safety Compliance Standards.
- Assist with the monitoring of all laboratory related supplies and ordering through paper and/or computer-based purchase order systems.
- Maintenance of the laboratory facilities, equipment and instruments under the direction of the Senior Lab Manager.
- Operate computers and standard office type applications such as web browsers, word processing and spreadsheet software applications as well as dental laboratory specific applications.
- Communicate clearly, both verbally and in writing
- Ability to present to small and large groups
- Support a positive culture with fellow technicians and clinical staff through respectful and appropriate working relationships
- Maintain the highest degree of professionalism
- Other responsibilities as assigned
- Ability to communicate with ClearChoice doctors and lab managers in a professional manner to gain clarification and direction for cases being performed in Central Lab.
- A minimum of five years of hands-on technical experience is required
- Certification (CDT) or the completion of an accredited dental laboratory program is preferred
- Qualified candidates should have knowledge of:
- Full arch hybrid restorations
- Complete dentures
- Working knowledge of Occlusal schemes (Monoplane, Centric, Lingualized)
- Implant-based restorative techniques
- Basic knowledge of dental science, materials, anatomy and esthetics
- Must be able to work in a team environment
- Commitment to providing world class products and high-quality work
- Effective communicator
- Ability to excel in a customer driven culture
- Able to lift 50 pounds
ClearChoice Central Laboratory operates in Centennial, CO and is an off-site laboratory.
We offer an excellent hourly wage plus incentive compensation, along with health, dental, vision, life, STD/LTD insurance, participation in a 401k plan and up to 2 weeks paid time off.