At ClearChoice, our objective is to ensure the highest quality of care by not only using specialists to deliver treatment, but to have all the specialists at one location, working together as a team supported by state-of-the-art imaging equipment and an on-site laboratory. We are committed to providing life-changing procedures to our patients while they experience world-class customer service.
ClearChoice dental laboratory technicians work onsite at the dental practice to fill prescriptions from those dentists. They use advanced technical skills to construct sophisticated implant-based dental prosthetics to exacting standards for fit, function and esthetics. They use critical thinking to develop and share complex solutions with the dentists and auxiliary staff. TheTech 2 will work under the supervision of the Laboratory Manager at the assigned center. While work methods follow established best practices, candidates are expected to follow the direction of their doctors and team using a high degree of judgment on a patient-by-patient basis.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Pouring of dental impressions and mounting of casts using face bow and appropriate bite registration
- Model preparation, articulation and scanning for digital fabrication
- Processing of acrylic resins using injection techniques
- Denture and hybrid type restoration repairs
- Competence with the conversion of a denture into the interim hybrid prosthesis
- Working knowledge of fundamental occlusal principles, schemes and classifications
- Fabrication of temporary partials, flippers and night guards and understanding occlusion as it applies to these prostheses
- Use of dental laboratory materials such as impression materials, plasters, stones, waxes, metals, acrylics, composites and similar materials
- Use and maintenance of laboratory equipment such as hand tools, dental lathes, model grinders, handpieces, presses, flasks, steamers, light curing units, pressures pots, etc.
- Maintain a clean, organized working environment on a daily basis
- Verify work orders and accompanying materials including impressions, bite records, models and components
- Understand and reinforce Infection Control, PPE, HIPAA, and OSHA Safety Compliance Standards
- Sterilization/disinfection of all dental materials received from and delivered to the clinical teams
- Packaging, shipping and receiving of cases to and from vendors
- Maintenance of the laboratory facilities, equipment and instruments under the direction of the manager
- Communicate clearly, both verbally and in writing
- Support a positive culture with fellow technicians and clinical staff through respectful and appropriate working relationships
- Maintain the highest degree of professionalism
- Other responsibilities as assigned
- A minimum of three years of hands-on technical experience is required
- Certification (CDT) or the completion of an accredited dental laboratory program is preferred
- Qualified candidates should have knowledge of:
- Full arch hybrid restorations
- Complete dentures
- Implant-based restorative techniques
- Working knowledge of Occlusal schemes (Monoplane, Centric, Lingualized)
- Basic knowledge of dental science, materials, anatomy and esthetics
- Must be able to work in a team environment
- Commitment to providing world class products and high quality work
- Effective communicator
- Ability to excel in a customer driven culture
- Able to lift 50 pounds
ClearChoice operates an on-site dental laboratory within each of its dental offices. Technicians perform their duties in both the dental laboratory and dental office environments. Technicians are expected to be onsite at all times Monday through Thursday/Friday. Days and hours may vary.
We offer an excellent hourly wage plus incentive compensation, along with health, dental, vision, life, STD/LTD insurance, participation in a 401k plan and up to 4 weeks paid time off.