POSITION: Denture Technician
Summary of Position:
We are looking for both experienced Denture Setup Technicians, and entry-level Denture Processing Technicians for implant-based removable prosthetics. Setup Technicians perform the following denture technician duties: waxing, occlusial schemes, immediate dentures, and acrylic finishing. Processing Technicians perform dental processing tasks in support of the Setup Technicians making the dentures. Both positions are based in a medium sized commercial lab serving a private dental network of Prosthodontists.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Receiving, reviewing, and confirming doctor’s Rx for lab work.
- The manufacture and fitting of all aspects of All-On-Four dental prosthetics including accurate manufacture and articulation of implant models, setting of denture teeth, denture processing and all related components and processes.
- The ability to ensure the accurate and on time manufacture of prosthetics to a patient-driven schedule.
- Maintenance of all laboratory facilities, equipment and instruments.
- Maintain only the highest degree of professionalism and communicate clearly both verbally and in writing.
Education and Experience:
- Entry level processing technicans should demonstrate a strong eye for detail, the ability to work quickly with a high degree of precision, and are comfortable working with dental processing equipment. Technicans work in an active standing environment.
- Experienced setup and finishing technicians should be able to demonstrate a competency in denture setup, processing, and finishing of a denture ready to send to the doctor for placement.
- Qualified candidates should have experience and be proficient in producing full arch hybrid restorations, complete dentures, overdentures.
- Qualified candidates will be familiar with implant based restorative techniques and have a strong knowledge of dental concepts such as occlusion and tooth and gingival anatomy.
- Strong candidates should demonstrate an ability to consistently produce quality work, with attention to physical and esthetic detail.
- Experienced candidates should demonstrate strength in understanding dental concepts like occlusion and are comfortable following doctor preferences and ask clarifying questions to ensure understanding.
- Familiarity with the Ivocap and Ivobase systems a plus for processing technicians.
- The lab operation Monday through Friday with two eight hour shifts between the hours of 7am and 5pm.
- Positions require frequent if not full time standing and moving around the lab to access equipment and move product through the lab.
- Technicans should be comfortable working with various lab equipment, instruments, sharp objects, chemicals, dust, wax, and other items that generate heat to produce dental prosthetics.
Qualified candidates (following a qualifying telephone prescreening and questionnaire) will be expected to perform a “working interview” where they will be given the opportunity to complete tasks associated with the position they are applying for.
About ClearChoice Laboratory Technicians:
ClearChoice dental laboratory technicians use advanced technical skills to construct sophisticated implant-based dental prosthetics. Technicians work to exacting doctor (customer) standards for fit and esthetics, using critical thinking skills to develop and share reliable solutions with the dentist and auxiliary staff.